1.C Say a few words to thank the speaker.
2. D He joined the local history society when young.
3. C She had a good knowledge of the town’s history
4. B He made an embarrassing remark.
5. A What their rivals are doing.
6. B They should be taken seriously.
7. A she had not seen it yet.
8. C Exporting their motorbikes to Indonesia.
9. A It focuses on the link between bedtime and nutrition.
10. B They run a higher risk of gaining weight.
11. C Go to bed earlier.
12. B All of the acting nominees are white.
13. A Only 3.4 percent of film directors were women.
14. D Females of color over 40.
15. C They are most underrepresented across TV and film.
16. D One that covers their debts and burial expenses.
17. A Add more insurance on the breadwinner.
18. B When their children grow up and leave home.
19. B They may not always be negative.
20. C Biased sources of information.
21. D They may have a negative impact on people they apply to.
22. A A positive stereotype may help one achieve better results.
23. A Quit taking the medicine immediately.
24. B It may increase the effect of certain drugs.
25. D Tell their children to treat medicines with respect.
可口可乐 18-hour 城市
标题：A tomato blight has caused a state of emergency in northern Nigeria
26. C emergency
27. D feeding
28. K reproduces
29. I originated
32. L security
46. D. He risked breaking local law to make a drink with coca leaves.
(B. containing alcohol 错误，他通过加coca leaves extract 的方法制造了不含酒精的可乐，get around 避开了法律禁酒的规定。 实在不能理解原文的同学甚至可以查一下背景知识，反正没啥争议，肯定不选B. 虽然平时做题不能查背景，但是考后为了严谨确认答案是可以的哈～)
47. C. Many were shipped to the Europe in the late 19th century for medical use.
48. A. Cocaine had become notorious.
(本题原文有同义替换 fell from grace 该词意为 “因做错事而失去信任，失去尊重”)
49. D. It has remained virtually(几乎) unchanged since its creation.
（本题根据题干问的是“Coca-Cola , taste”定义至最后一段的"Coca-Cola flavour" 虽然有过把可乐味道变甜的尝试，但是该尝试失败，所以又改回了最初的味道，因此选择D. 味道几乎没变。右图给大家原文)
(很多人会选A. It was so designed as to create addiction in consumers. 这里so as to 表示目的是，文章虽然说可乐最初含有coca 和kola nuts 都有一些咖啡因或者相似的成分，但是并没有说生产可乐的人设计可乐的这个味道是为了让人们上瘾。实在转不过来的话，大家可以想一下，可乐最初是不小心创造出来的。。。所以这道题没有任何争议，只能选D.)
50. A. The evolution of Coca-Cola.
(本文第一段讲“coca”, 2-4段讲“kola nuts”—cola, 最后两段讲“coca-cola”, 大家看明白了咩？)
六级答案 第一套 （可口可乐 18-hour 城市）
51. C. There was a clear divide between large and small cities.
52. B. They have seen a rise in property prices.
53. D. looked deserted in the evenings.
54. C. Modernized housing and improved infrastructure.
(有人会选D. comfortable life and greater upward mobility. 前半部分因为原文说convenient，所以没什么毛病。但是后半部分，今年六月份这个词组考了无数次，我们的真题里还给大家重点标出来了，有的同学以为是人口的流动，其实不然，upward mobility意思是向较高的社会阶级流动，比如底层的人变成中产阶级，全文根本没提过这件事，选这个选项的人都是因为不知道这个词组的意思，还不够了解真题哦～ 六月份考的给大家拍了照，见下图)
数据共享 + 机器人+ 物联网
标题：Palau creates world's sixth largest marine sanctuary
26. I permit
29. C commercial
46. D. How robots should be programmed.
47. D. They did not take moral issues into consideration.
48. B. They are programmed not to hurt human beings.
49. A. Abstract concepts are hard to program.
50. C. Robots can have trouble making decisions in complex scenarios.
51. D. The rapid technological progress in a very short period of time.
52. B. The popularization of smart homes.
53. C. Invest in more smart buildings and cities.
54. A. How to turn it to profitable use.
55. A. It is feasible with a connection to the Internet.
Apple + 火烈鸟+ 工作忙碌
标题：Germany Banning all Vehicle Emissions by 2030
26. O sparking
27. L powered
28. H implemented
29. D eliminate
30. G hopeful
31. A acceptance
32. J installed
33. B currently
46. A. It is simply uninhabitable for most animals.
47. C. stay away from predators.
48. B. they can survive well in salty water.
(C错在breed naturally in corrosive腐蚀的 ditches沟，渠／／ 火烈鸟不是在“corrosive ditch”里养育幼鸟，原文说的是baby birds are kept safe from predators by a corrosive ditch)
49. A. They can take refuge in less salty water.
50. D. The disruption of Lake Natron's ecosystem.
51. B. Keep on working.
52. C. They would look upon it with contempt.
53. A. The busier one appears, the more respect one earns.
54. D. The role of knowledge in modern economy.
55. D. Avoid appearing busy when we are not.
(这道题问题是：55. What does the author advise us to do at the end of the passage? 其他三个选项分别是a. schedule our time properly for efficiency. b. plan our weekends in a meaningful way. c. find time to relax however busy we are. )
Even if you feel tempted to sacrifice your own vocation days for fake busyness, though, at least consider leaving your weekend unscheduled. It's for your own good.
用“fake busyness”(假装忙碌)，作者在讽刺那些本来不忙还装忙牺牲掉自己时间的人。所以选D, 告诉大家不忙的时候就不要装了。
为什么不选a? 因为没有提及效率问题； 为什么不选b? 这个选项属于过度推理，作者没有说周末是否要有意义的话题，只是号召大家至少装忙的时候把周末空出来，你就算周末无所事事毫无意义地过都无所谓，作者只说了unscheduled～ 选c的人都是没看明白“fake busyness”就着急下手了～
- 太湖 -
Taihu Lake, a freshwater lake in the east of China, covering an area of 2,250 square kilometers, is the third largest freshwater lake in China, only second to Poyang Lake and Dongting Lake. There are about 90 islands in the lake and their sizes range from a few square meters to several square kilometers. Taihu Lake is famous for its unique “Taihu stones”, which are often used as decorations for traditional Chinese gardens. The lake is also renowned for its productive fishing industry. Since the late 1970s, the fishing of fish and crabs has become quite significant to people living along the lake and has made tremendous contributions to the economy of the surrounding areas. Taihu Lake region is also one of the bases of China’s ceramics industry, with Yixing Pottery Factory producing the world-famous Yixing clay teapots.
- 青海湖 -
With an altitude of 3,205 meters, Qinghai Lake, the largest salt water lake in China, is about 100 kilometers west of Xi’ning, which is the provincial capital of Qinghai Province. It covers an area of 4,317 square kilometers and its maximum depth is 25.5 meters. Twenty-three rivers run into it, most of which are seasonal rivers. Eighty percent of the lake water comes from five main rivers. The lake is located at the intersection of several routes by which migrant birds fly across Asia. Many birds use the lake as a temporary habitat during the process of migration. The famous “Bird Island”, which attracts bird watchers from all over the world, is on the western side of the lake. Every summer, tourists come here to watch the Qinghai Lake International Cycling Race.
- 洞庭湖 -
Dongting Lake, which is located in the northeast of Hunan Province, covers a large area but is rather shallow. It is the flood retention reservoir of the Yangtze River. Thus, the size of the lake varies with the season to a large extent. Hubei Province and Hunan Province derived their names from their relative locations to the lake: Hubei means “the north of the lake” while Hunan “the south of the lake.” Dongting Lake, as the cradle of the dragon boat race, enjoys a high reputation in Chinese culture. It is said that the dragon boat race originated on the east shore of Dongting Lake, with the purpose of searching for the corpse of Qu Yuan, the patriotic poet of Chu State. The dragon boat race, Dongting Lake and the beautiful scenery surrounding it attract thousands of tourists from home and abroad annually.
Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write an essay commenting on the saying “Respect others, and you will be respected. ” You can cite examples to illustrate your views. You should write at least 150 words but no more than 200 words.
Everyone should bear in mind one motto, that is, “Respect others, and you will be respected.” Why? If one desires to acquire and enjoy long-time respect, trust or appreciation from others, it is rational for him to show respect to his classmates, friends, acquaintances and the like first in daily communication.
Whether in history or in the contemporary society, mutual respect is the basis of successful social communication. Several typical examples can be given to illustrate this point. If customers gain no respect from the owner or assistant of a store, is it possible for them to purchase anything there? If a teacher never respects his or her students, how can the students honor the teacher? Intelligent people in large numbers, actually, have come to recognize the significance of showing respect to others. Accordingly, we can conclude that in interpersonal communication, respecting others may generate a sense of trust in them, arouse their enthusiasm for making friends with us and of course, enable us to be respected in return.
I, as a youngster, deem that it is quite necessary for us to show our sincere respect to others in that respect. Only when we show respect to others will they do the same to us. Only when people respect each other will the world become a more harmonious and pleasant place to live in.
Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write an essay commenting on the saying “Seek to understand others, and you will be understood. ” You can cite examples to illustrate your views. You should write at least 150 words but no more than 200 words.
Everyone should bear in mind one motto, that is, “Seek to understand others, and you will be understood.” Why? If one intends to acquire and enjoy long-time understanding and trust from others, it is advisable for him to step into the shoes of his classmates, friends, family members and the like in daily communication.
Whether in history or in contemporary society, mutual understanding is the basis of effective and successful social communication. Several typical examples can be given to illustrate this point. Without mutual understanding, it would be impossible for classmates to have an enjoyable campus life. Without mutual understanding, it would be impossible for friends to build and maintain a long-lasting friendship. Without mutual understanding, it would be impossible for parents and children to establish a stable and harmonious family relationship. Intelligent people in large numbers, actually, have come to recognize the significance of understanding others.
I, as a youngster, hold the view that it is of great necessity for us to try our uttermost to understand others because understanding, just like mutual understanding and mutual trust, is often reciprocal. Only when we seek to understand others will others do the same to us. Only when people understand each other will the world become a more harmonious and enjoyable place to live in.
Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write an essay commenting on the saying “Help others, and you will be helped when you are in need.” You can cite examples to illustrate your views. You should write at least 150 words but no more than 200 words.
When seeing the motto “Help others, and you will be helped when you are in need.”, we can easily perceive its connotation. Evidently, this motto can be naturally associated with the great significance of mutual help.
If one desires to acquire and enjoy long-time happiness and success in his study, work or scientific research, it is rational for him to give a hand to those people who are in trouble. Several typical examples can be given to illustrate this point. It is mutual help that renders it possible for classmates to assist each other in acquiring some useful knowledge or skills in their college life. It is also mutual assistance that will enable colleagues to cooperate with each other to jointly complete some challenging commercial projects successfully. It is still mutual help that makes it possible for scientists to make some technological innovations in their research. Accordingly, we can conclude that it would be almost impossible for people to make outstanding achievements if they are not willing to help others in their study, work or scientific research.
I, as a college student, am convinced that it is of great necessity for us to be warmhearted, considerate and ready to offer others help. Only when we are readily available to those in need will we be able to get help and support if we run into problems or troubles.